(I wrote this post for Zulily. To find out more information and for more style tips, go to their website by clicking here).
While we are in the thick of the fall/winter season, there is one item that has been the reigning MVP this season. MVP meaning “most valuable piece” that is. The fact is, it’s such a versatile piece that can be worn with different pieces so you can get a few different looks out of it.
- Shackets are the made up “it” word to describes the combination of a shirt and jacket. Truthfully, they are really having a moment right now which is why choosing the style is vital in creating that edgy, “of the moment” look. They come in a variety of colors including bold plaid prints as well as solids. Some are long, to almost calf length, and some are short, boxy fits. Shackets are simply for layering over basics like a plain white t-shirt with an oversized fit. Perfect for hanging out around the fire pit this season.
- If you are into 90s rock grunge (or even if you are not) tie that baby around your waist with leggings and a long tunic top for an edgy laid back look.
- Feeling classic? You can also simply button the top fully and front tuck into your favorite pair of jeans or pants. Simple, yet chic.
- Layer that flannel shirt under a crew neck sweater or jacket. Layers are the secret weapon after all as they add a little dimension and variety. For a preppy, traditional look, layer the flannel under a crew neck sweater or any jacket of choice for a casual vibe.
- A flannel can be dressed up too! Just add a skirt, tights and some boots for any festive occasion! ‘Tis the season!